I adore my girls and I am cherishing every moment at the moment as it won’t be long before Alice goes to school and our time together will be less. I wouldn’t wish for this time to go fast and I would keep them little forever if I could. Maybe without the tantrums and a bit more sleep.
But, there are a few things that I won’t miss when they are older…
- Being able to just get in car and not having to strap two small people in two. I can’t imagine them being able to do it themselves and I only have to do my seatbelt up. Think of the time I will save!
- Wiping their little noses, there is always a nose to be wiped! I always have a tissue in my pocket ready.
- Cutting their dinner up into small bits, while my dinner is getting cold.
- Going to the toilet on my own, with no one with me and closing the door. Obviously this is in my own home with no visitors. I do close the door when we are out!
- When we leave the house not having to put anyone’s shoes on or having the discussion about which shoes are appropriate to wear.
- Taking drinks and snacks with me everywhere, even if we are only popping out. My handbag will be so much lighter and no leaky water bottles all over my things.
- No one needing to take a nap, having a whole day where we don’t have to factor in a nap for Holly. Mind you I do like the two hours where I can have some one on one time with Alice, so maybe I will miss this. It’s more when we are going out for the day, that it will be easier.
- Being able to cook dinner without having to entertain the girls by dancing or doing train rides around the kitchen.
- Changing nappies! I wonder how many nappies I will have changed by the time Holly is toilet trained? It’s a lot!!!!
- Being woken up in the night, you can read here what my life is like at the moment with sleep deprivation. I can’t wait until I have to wake them up!
I know that when I do get to each stage in their life, I will probably end up missing these (well, except changing nappies, I don’t think I will miss this!). As it will be their childhood slipping away from me and maybe dinner time will be less boring when dancing isn’t involved.
But when you are dealing with it all at the same time, it can feel too much and life without them does sound nice…