June has been a busy month for us and we even had some really sunny days. I’m hoping that isn’t our summer over though, please come back sun.
Let’s see how we are getting on with ticking off our bucket list.
- Get our loft boarded (boring, but practical!)
- Yes, we got this done a couple of weeks ago and it’s brilliant. It took them all day, as it has to be on stilts and you can’t just lay down the boards. It has meant we can make a start on the spare bedroom, now all the boxes have gone.
- Have a patio laid
- The patio is laid and I’m so pleased that we were able to get it done. One of the perks of living on a new build estate, there are lots of handy builders around to do jobs for us. We’ve had a couple of sunny afternoons and the girls have been out playing on it.
- Install a shoe rack in the hallway
- Yes, we built it and it is installed in the hallway. I love this area of the house now and I always smile when I walk into our home.
- Buy new bedroom furniture for Holly
- Not only have we brought it, but we also put it all together. Holly’s room looks so much bigger with this furniture and I am just putting the finishing touches to it.
- Get blinds/curtains/shutters at all the windows
- We got our lovely shutters fitted a couple of weeks ago and I couldn’t be more pleased with them. They have completed the rooms so perfectly and I love them. That is now all our windows done.
- Decorate the girls bedrooms
- I decorated Alice’s bedroom with fairy wall stickers and she loves it. Holly’s room is so nearly done, I just need to find the perfect rug and it’s finished.
- I’ve now done Holly’s room with a woodland theme and it’s gorgeous. Her little face when she saw it was a picture and that makes it all worthwhile.
- Potty Train Holly
- Well we tried it for four days over the Easter holidays and she just isn’t ready. So, it’s on hold and I will try again in a few weeks. – I’m going to try again after our camping trip.
- Find new swimming lessons for Holly
- Yes, we got the call last week to say she had a space and we had our first lesson this week. She loved it!
- Alice to start Rainbows
- Have an Easter Egg Hunt
- Yay! We went for a lovely Easter Egg Hunt at Highclere Castle with all my family. The girls had great fun making their way around the ground looking for the clues. They got a really good size egg too! We also had an Easter egg hunt in the garden too, you can’t have too many can you!
- Go on more bike rides
- Have a birthday party – This is the planning stage!
- Move Holly into a bed
- With Holly’s new furniture arriving, we moved her across to a bed a couple of weeks ago. Whilst it didn’t quite go to plan, you can read about it here if you fancy it. She absolutely loves her new bed and is sleeping for longer.
Andy and I…
- Have a night away together
- Go to the cinema
- Andy and I had a lovely evening with our friends. We out for dinner and then to see Trainspotting 2, which I loved.
- Have a day date
- Andy to go to a football match or cricket test match
- Andy went to Wembley with his friends and he has a cricket test match booked to go in July.
- Laura to have a spa day – This is booked in for July, ya!
- Laura to go to a blogging conference
- I went to BlogOn this month and had a brilliant time. It was lovely to meet my wonderful friend Laura and we stayed up chatting until 2am. I got to see some old faces and some new ones too and I enjoyed it so much more than last time.
- Andy to play golf
- Have friends over for dinner
As A Family…
- Go to a National Trust Property that we’ve not been to before
- We brought National Trust passes this month and the girls and I headed to Mottisfont with my parents. We had a great time and it was really beautiful. We will definitely be heading back with Andy and visiting lots more NT places.
- Go to the beach
- At the weekend we headed to the beach. It wasn’t that warm, but not cold. But it was a bit windy! The girls loved it though and we had a great time. I know we will be heading to the beach a few more times this year.
- Have a holiday
- We have booked our holiday and we are off to Wales in August. I can’t wait!
- Go camping for the first time
- We went on our first family camping trip last weekend with our friends. We had a great time and the girls loved it. I can see camping being a big part of our lives as the girls get older.
- Have a family weekend away – This is in the planning stages
- Go to the cinema
- At the weekend the girls and I went to the cinema with my mum. It was Holly’s first time and she loved it. We went to see Trolls, which is a great film. We all went as a family to see The Smurfs The Lost Village and we all loved it. I used to love the smurfs when I was a child and I love that the girls do too. It was brilliant
- Visit a theme park – We are off to Paultons Park in August for the girls birthday!
- A trip to London
- Go ice skating
- See a panto
We didn’t tick of that many things, but we did tick off a big one for us as a family and that is the camping trip. We’ve been waiting so long to do this and I’m really pleased we finally managed it. I’m not sure if we tick that much off in July, but we shall see!