As a child I loved to bake and I would spend a lot of my childhood baking in the kitchen with my mum. When I became a mum I couldn’t wait to start baking with Alice and it seems that Alice has got a love of baking too. It’s what she always asks to do when she isn’t at school.
Today I’m sharing one of our favourite recipes to do at Easter. It’s an easy one to do with children and they love them!
Easter Crispy Chocolate Fridge Cake
300g dark chocolate, broken into chunks
100g butter, diced
140g golden syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
200g biscuit, roughly chopped
85g rice krispies
100g mini eggs
How To Make It
- Melt the chocolate, butter and golden syrup in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth.
2. Place the biscuits in a freezer bag and seal. We used digestive biscuits, but others would work just as well. Break them into chunks.
3. Add the vanilla, biscuits, sultanas and Rice Krispies and mix well until it is all coated in chocolate.
4. Line a 20x30cm tin with baking paper and tip the mixture into the tin.
5. Flatten it down and even it out.
6. Press in some mini eggs (you can choose to leave these out)
7. Place it in the fridge until it is set
8. Once set, cut into squares and enjoy!