Let’s face it, the bathroom is hardly the most stylish room in the home. However, this does not mean that it shouldn’t be luxurious and look great. You want your bathroom to feel more like a lavish spa than the toilets at your local pub!
With that in mind, let’s take a look at some stylish bathroom upgrades that will make a massive difference.
- Consider a new shower enclosure – There is only one place to begin, and this is with a new shower enclosure. There are many different styles and designs you can choose from, which you can see in further detail at Drench. This includes everything from corner enclosures to rectangular enclosures. Of course, the size and shape of your bathroom will largely dictate the type of enclosure you go for. Your own personal taste can then be used to narrow down your search further.
- Re-think your bathroom lighting – Lighting in any room in a home can make a massive difference. If you rely on one harsh overhead in your bathroom, it is time for a change. One light isn’t enough: you should consider different types of lighting to create the right atmosphere. Mirror lighting and spotlights can look sleek and stylish in any bathroom.
- Add some shelves – Shelves may not seem like the most exciting addition, but they can make a massive difference. After all, most bathrooms are lacking in storage space, and this can result in clutter, which does nothing for the appearance of your bathroom. A few shelves are all you need, adding practicality and style.
- Give patterns a chance – This doesn’t mean that you should opt for floral wallpaper, stripy towels and anything else you can fit in. However, a subtle introduction of patterns can create a modern and exciting look in any bathroom. A lot of people are scared to add a pattern to their bathroom because they think it can cheapen the appearance. However, if you do it the right way, and you opt for subtle changes, it will really enhance the overall look of the room.
- Get rid of clutter – It is impossible to achieve a stylish and relaxing bathroom if you have clutter. However, it is easy for clutter to build up in this room, especially if you’re someone who uses a wide variety of products. You need to make sure that everything has a place, and ensure all of your body lotions and such like are kept in a cabinet so they are out of anyone’s immediate eyesight.
A few tips for improving the appearance and style of your bathroom. From adding some shelves to re-thinking your bathroom lighting, there are many different ways you can revitalise this room to give it a more sleek and stylish look.
Disclosure: This is a collaborative post.