Recently I wrote about the things that I won’t miss when my girls grow up , but there are a hundred things that I will miss…
In fact it makes me sad when I think about the things that I will miss and how will I know that it might be the last time I get to do it. I will just cherish every single one of them, as if they were the last time.
This list could be a lot longer, but here are a few of the things I will miss…
- Being woken up by the sound of Holly calling ‘mummy’ from her cot and lifting her out for that first squeeze of the day.
- Feeling their little hands in my hand, as we walk along. I wish I could hold onto them forever.
- How excited they get when they hear the key in the door and they know daddy is home. Running to the door and being scooped up and into his arms.
- The way the girls are always looking for each other. Especially Holly calling ‘Alliccee’ is just to cute.
- Alice telling me she loves me at least fifty times a day, she is such an affectionate little girl.
- All of us snuggling in our bed at the weekend and taking a slow start to the day. Snuggles in bed are the best!
- That they want to spend every minute of their day with me, sometimes is can be suffocating. But, I know I will miss it when it’s not cool to hang out with mum!
- Those snuggles from Holly when she has just woken from her nap and just wants me to hold her tight. I could squeeze her all day long.
- Taking them to the park and the swing bringing them both so much happiness. My girls love a swing.
- When only my cuddles will do, when only I can make it all better, when they just want their mummy. Hopefully they will always need me, just in other ways. I know I still need my mum.
Writing these down makes me appreciate them even more if that’s possible. All of these happen most days and I just can’t imagine a world where they don’t happen, a world where my girls won’t be little anymore. Yes, they drive me mad most days too, but they really do bring so much happiness to my life…